[Dailydrool] Help for doggie seizures

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Wed Mar 28 12:14:23 PDT 2012

Hello droolers,
I have a friend who's 3 yr old Lab is having pretty constant seizures.  She is taking him to a neurologist in the next few days, but the dog is really suffering with panic attack symptoms, and "fly biting" which has turned into biting himself and causing wounds.  I told her to put a tight t-shirtr on him which should help with some of the anxiety and offer a little protection to his skin.  I also told her to change dog  foods because he has been showing worsening symptoms over the last couple of years.  The vet FINALLY diagnosed him with seizures this week.  Can anyone with experience please help my friend Lisa to help her boy Dugan?  Email her directly at ljclark at umich.edu<mailto:ljclark at umich.edu> with any concrete suggestions you have.  Lisa is a big fan of my bassets, and a lover of all dogs, so by sharing our collective wisdom with her we might just make a future rescuer out of her!
Thanks for all your help, Gaylene