[Dailydrool] Poop in sleep

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Sun Mar 18 06:27:30 PDT 2012

I second Bev's advise to have Honey's weak back leg checked out by a
vet. From having had a basset with ruptured disks, I know that the
onset of lose of bladder or bowel control can indicate nerve damage,
which should be taken as a warning that something's going on with the
back/spinal cord. The fact that Honey seems unaware this is happening
could be the result of compromised nerves no longer being able to get
the necessary signals through from her bowels to her brain while
she's asleep. Better safe than sorry with this--let your vet know
about it.

I can't imagine how difficult your year's been with losing two close
family members so soon one after the other. I'm very sorry for your
loss.

Elizabeth