[Dailydrool] Dirty looks from the furkids

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 19 11:19:23 PDT 2012

And the answer is ..... yogurt.

At least at our house.  Cyrus is my picky eater and he is 8 now and the my vet
watches weight like a HAWK!!  Last time Cyrus had a checkup he left with orders
to loose ONE pound.  Seriously.  My vet is a PAIN but darn she's good and she's
almost  always (quiet annoyingly) right.

Well, Cyrus had that big tooth pulled last year after he broke it playing
frisbee and we went through all kinds of tricks trying to get him to eat kibble
again.  chicken, beef, broth, canned food, you name it.  went through them all.
rotated through a couple.  Finally tried the yogurt.  Guess what, it works!!  I
use low fat .... and just a spoonful .... but he loves the stuff and I put a
dollup right on top of the kibble ... on the side .... but I watch him and he
mixes it in.  If you forget ... or try to skip the yogurt, he will walk off and
leave the whole bowl ... no sale.  You can *maybe* get him to eat it with beef
or chicken broth .... once .... but the next time it won't work.  Yogurt works
every single time ... so far.  Just for the record there is kibble and green
beans and pumpkin in the bowl .... and he will eat the green beans and the
pumpkin without the yogurt, but not one single piece of kibble unless he gets
yogurt.

Good luck,
Dale (just one clueless momPerson trying to help another)