[Dailydrool] Duke Elvis

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Fri May 11 12:14:43 PDT 2012

Queen Xandy Bear here!

I do wish to congratulate dear Pw Elvis on his new title.  He is a very handsome old coot.  Pawhaps this new title will lend a little gravity to his demeanor, although as a hound with only 2 working legs you may feel gravity has done quite enough.  I have known Duke Elvis since my younger married years and young widowhood and although always charming, the last couple of years his attentions have bordered on obsession.  It's very flattering to have a Royal hound's attention but his overenthusiasm and persistence can be quite overwhelming.  For example my 9th birthday last year happened to be at Aunties Pat and Carol's.  There was quite a gathering of humans and hounds and we were all enjoying the lovely sunny day.  Suddenly Elvis caught sight of me sunbathing in the yard and he became quite attentive.  First a soft whisper in my ear, a tiny kiss on the cheek.  All of a sudden he gets this gleam in his eye and he turns into a...Hound Hefner-there are no words.  I found myself racing around the yard with him chasing after me shouting things like, "Wait my darling I have a very special present for you."  "Don't run from me my beauty-I have a special message just for you" .  Well, you get the idea.  All the while he is chasing me he is grunting, "ho, ho, ho, ho....".  It's undignified for a Queen to suffer this kind of attention.  I am taking a disguise with me to Michigan this year in hopes of warding off any overtures from the "Love Machine" now known as Duke Elvis.  Although, it was sweet of him to post about my Woofle and try to get people to buy tickets.  I don't recall Pawtunia having any suitors that did that.

***Note address and fax number as of 5/20/2011***
1639 Route 10 East
Suite 200
Parsippany, NJ 07054

Phone: 973-656-6121