[Dailydrool] Sledding the momPerson

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 15 16:01:16 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's Cyrus here,

I am feeling significantly better, in fact, I am at full steam.  I should like
to wish good health and speedy recovery to all in need, and specifically to Jane
and to Dan.  If you will accept Labrador drool I will sling significant portions
your way, along with that of Snoopy and LuLu.

Yesterday evening Snoopy and LuLu and I went for our evening constitutional.  We
took Natalie along because LuLu like to walk along nicely and Snoopy and I like
to behave like a couple of lunatics and thus we walk (and I use the term rather
loosely here) with the clueless momPerson while Natalie and LuLu walk along like
civilized beings sniffing and trotting with always a loose leash loop between
them.  Must be a girl thing.

In any case at one point in our walk we rounded a corner and noted the approach
of another dog and person.  Well, our momPerson may be clueless but she's not
stupid.  She took Snoopy and I up onto the lawn and asked Natalie and LuLu to
come too so that dog and person could walk by.  She completely forgot about my
recovery.  As the dog and person approached and leapt out forward pulling
momPerson off balance and then dropped to the ground suddently planting
momPerson firmly on her behind and then Snoopy and I took off at a dead run
charging at the approaching dog.  Well, as it turns out momPerson does too much
running and her butt does not have enough size nor mass to gain any traction
whatsoever (especially on grass) and here she was with a lead in each hand and a
charging dog (well, at least I'm a dog, Snoopy is whatever these basset
creatures are) at the end of each lead and momPerson sitting there being dragged
at high speed (thankfully wearing jeans) across the lawn and over to the strange
dog.  She then commented "well, at least both of mine are friendly.  Is yours
friendly?"  As it turns out the dog was NOT friendly and he growled and snapped
and so I of course defended momPerson and Snoopy.  The poor gentleman was rather
confused ... he wanted to help momPerson up but at the same time he wanted to
haul his vicious dog away from the 3 of us .... so ... he dragged his vicious
beast (who in all fairness was probably just terrified by Snoopy and my
behavior) out into the street and inquired from there if the clueless momPerson
was at all injured.  She remained where she sat (on the sidewalk now) and placed
her feet flat on the ground for traction and replied she was most well and would
stand up after he had gone so that there would be no risk of a repeat
performance (remember, all of this started with her standing up).

And so, our neighbor went along his way with his dog and the clueless momPerson
stood up and gave us both a VERY dirty look and we all continued along our way
home.

Most entertaining.  Can't wait to do it again tonight.

More later from Cyrus with Snoopy (she's real easy to tip over and even easier
to drag when she's down) and LuLu (tsk, tsk, tsk)