[Dailydrool] A new Bounder arrives

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Sun May 27 16:19:00 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Among the sadness of the Droolers,  we have some happy news.

Floyd, a 15 ½ yr. old red/white Basset is now a Bounder.

I have yet to get a good picture of him, but hope to have one for the June
newsletter and also FB in a day or so.

He is settling in pretty well, but I know he misses his dad so very much.
I never have much compassion for owner relinquishes,  but Nat,  Floyd’s
owner,

had to basically make a decision between his wife, 10 month old and baby on
the way or Floyd.   The wife, did not want the kids crawling in dog hair.
OK,  you might not feel any compassion, and I do hold him

to task also, since he married a witch, and decided to have children with
her.  He was just devastated and was on the verge of sobbing when he said
goodbye to Floyd,   that is what broke me.

I do believe though, he will hold this against that woman for years and they
will end up divorced.

Regardless,  more about Floyd.   He is in fact 15 ½ yrs. old.  Nat had him
all his life.  He is in pretty good health for an old one.  He is a gorgeous
red and white, 60pounder.  Being an only hound and then coming to live in a
pack has not been real easy on him,  he is keeping a bit to himself and is a
bit, I think, depressed.   Understandable.   I know he will acclimate in a
couple of days.

I do not know how long he will have with us, but we sure are happy to give
him a place to live out his time, knowing that we all want him here!

On a side note, I am an Army Brat,

Memorial Day has always meant a lot in my family,  please take a few moments
tomorrow to think about those who fight for us, and those who die for us, so
we can live in a great country!

Paws up for Albee!

Drool to all in need!

wen and the Bounders