[Dailydrool] BABES Qualifications?

Tim Mayer tcm541 at embarqmail.com
Tue May 29 20:24:27 PDT 2012

Okay, I have to ask. What are the qualifications needed for a dog to be a
member of BABES?

I have Maggie, who was an OEBE from the start, and decidedly so. There was
never a question of affiliation there. I still have damaged walls,
furniture, cupboards, even the bricks on my fireplace hearth were no match
for the monster. Okay, maybe she was a monster, but that doesn't mean I
didn't love her half to death.

But now I have a new love in my life. Maggie is still with me, but she's
really, really old, so I picked up Dexter a couple months ago. I introduced
him to the Drool list, but haven't posted much since then.

Dexter did (and still does) some typical puppy chewing, and has gotten a few
shoes and a couple wallets since the last time I wrote, but overall, he's
unbelievably wonderfully mellow and loving most of the time. (And honestly,
if he gets into my stuff, it's because I left it out: my bad, not his.) He's
already getting past the point where I need to crate him whenever I'm not in
the house. Last night all three hounds were let free to wander in and out of
the backyard and the utility room, and they didn't bark or otherwise cause
any concerns. And most of the time when I go to work they get the same
freedom. (Of course, I'm not about to let Dexter have run of the whole house
yet, that would be asking for trouble no matter how many of his own toys are
around.)

Anyway, his favorite pastime is curling up in my lap and snuggling. He
follows me everywhere. He is just the most laid back fellow, and definitely
would never be part of the OEBE crowd. So maybe I should start looking into
that other club.how about it? What's it take to determine if he's fit to be
in the BABES?

Tim and the White City Hound Pack

-        Maggie d'Earest

-        Leia Round