[Dailydrool] Fw: Gate Locks

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Sat Nov 3 10:36:41 PDT 2012

My stupid email sent previous message before I finished.

Dale (and everyone)
Lock your gates. You can use bike locks or padlocks or chains with padlocks or whatever works with your type of fence, but please do it.

I lived by a middle school and just bungie corded my gate shut. Someone opened it and let my basset mix out. He was epileptic. He did have tags with his info, and 3 1/2 hours later some people called and said he had "followed them home" but now he was having seizures. Child of middle school age, so I know the little jerk stole him.

His seizures went off the charts and no matter what we did we could not control them and had to euthanize him 4 days later. I have never not locked my gates since.

This did result in my having to climb over my neighbor's fence (short place) once when I locked myself out. I entered through my huge dog door, which is all the more reason for a locked gate--also deters burglers who could crawl through your dog door.

Marilyn Briggs