[Dailydrool] Reaction to Timolol Maleate eyedrops

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Sat Nov 3 13:03:42 PDT 2012

Our Pixel became blind in one eye immediately after having had pancreatitis
two years ago: Which she contracted two days after having her rabies shot
(in FL it is required every 3 years).Never ever again will our dogs get the
rabies shot even if we have to go to jail.

 The optho vet said that glaucoma can occur with an inflammatory disease.
 We have used two eyedrops for two years and her other eye pressure has
been fine.  Yesterday, when we went for her checkup at the eye vet, her
pressure was 19 (it is usually 12-13).  The eye vet put her on the Timolol
Maleate as an extra precaution.  This morning we noticed that her third
eyelid was halfway down and she could not see out of that eye.  We rushed
her to our regular vet as the eye vet does not take emergencies on the
weekend.  She was placed on two more meds for the problem and her pressure
was 22 although was difficult to take because of the third eyelid problem.
 The vet said she has had some dogs react badly to the Timolol.  She also
said her symptoms were not typical of glaucoma since her pupil was not
dilated and for some other reasons we do not understand.

She is now at home resting comfortably and when my husband flickers his
fingers in front of her eye. she is now reacting so we are hoping but not
expecting the  best.  Anyone who may have any info., would be greatly
appreciated.

Bert and Sally Russell