[Dailydrool] Dog beds

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 18:21:14 PDT 2012

I was at Target's yesterday and noticed in the pets section some very nice dog beds that are 100% washable, inside and out, and you can also buy a zippered waterproof cover for them and also a soft zippered pillowcase cover for over the waterproof one, all fairly reasonably priced. (I can't remember what the price was today, but I remember thinking it was quite reasonable for the product compared to what is charged at Petco and in the catalogues that come to our house. The L and XL sizes both looked good for bassets. The maker's name I've also forgotten--I should have written all this down, obviously, but since we are not in need of new dog beds, I merely noticed it and then this morning it dawned on me that there have been Droolers looking for washable and also waterproof beds. The makers were a company with two names separated by and, B....and....B.....). Target. That I remember.
And we have also discovered another good dog bed. We had an old leather sofa whose arms have been torn and mended with tape a few times. The dogs love it. My husband wanted to get rid of it for the space as humans no longer sit in it (it sags as well). So we took off the cushions and put them on the floor for the dogs and took the rest of it to old furniture cemetary in the basement. The dogs still love the cushions and we have more space. This struck me as a wonderful way to acquire comfy dog beds. I see ripped leather worn-out sofas in the free section of Craigslist all the time. I bet any basset would love to "re-purpose" the cushions, as mine have done.