[Dailydrool] November 12 calendar day

Lisa Turnquist turnq007 at umn.edu
Tue Nov 13 10:51:02 PST 2012

November 12 was the calendar day for the MN Woofers.  2012 has been a sad
year for the MN Woofers as we lost both P.I.T. Ella Marie and Copper.  We
said goodbye to Ella on Jan 30, just a day before her 10 birthday.  She had
inoperable liver cancer.  We said goodbye to Copper on October 10.  She was
14 and a half years old and the happiest little girl up until the last few
days when she suddenly told us she was ready to go to the Bridge.  The vet
was not sure why she suddenly became so weak but suspected there was a
cancer somewhere that we just couldn't find. Ella was not a rescue but I
give her credit for my entry into rescue work, so she has helped save many,
many hounds.  Copper came to us an 11 yr old discarded by her family because
she no longer fit into their schedules.  Both were very precious to us and
we miss them every day.  Hank is still going strong and will be 10 yrs old
next month.  Hank flunked out of 2 different foster homes before coming to
us.  Then he was officially deemed "unadoptable" by a trainer so we figured
he'd better become a MN Woofer.  In our sadness of losing Ella and Copper we
added a crazy little bundle of joy last March when rescue puppy Zuzu joined
our family.  She is now 10 months old. You will see her picture when we send
out our Howliday cards, but she does have a couple of photos in the BBR
Halloween Hounds video. Look for the angelic looking peacock.  Notice I say
angelic looking, she's no angel but we love her.  Here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRhpHvOK1ac
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRhpHvOK1ac&feature=youtu.be>
&feature=youtu.be

Lisa and the MN Woofers