[Dailydrool] home at last, home at last...thank dog almighty!

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Mon Nov 19 14:47:45 PST 2012

yup!  the herd & i finally got the ok to move back into chez lema last thursday.  could not have happened a minute sooner!   the previous 2 day before that involved inspections with the natural gas company, electric company, furnace guys (furnace failed inspection & was red tagged) and the local code guy.  he did his walk thru & as soon as he said "ok" i was on the phone to whitehouse kennels about getting them.

they were sprung & looked happy & healthy (but hey they had been living better than i was with heat, light, & hot water).  next up was getting the phone lines back & running.  took verizon 2 hours to accomplish that.

today the crappy, broken central air unit out back caught fire.  it had been 95% submerged with flood waters.  fire department, code guy, PD etc came.  power off again until electrician could come back.  finally at 3 pm all was good again.

i still tho am way more fortunate than others in my area.  the town over has over 100 families living now in tents.  yup.  camping is not fun when it is your life..in november in jersey.  my town looks like pix of bombed out cities but hopefully it will rebuild stronger.

thanks to my rescue peeps i made it thru this safely.  there are no words.  you learn what is essential.  what matters.

let me channel my inner brudder elwood for a moment...i shop at a smaller supermarket located right in the damage zone.  there is a developmentally disabled guy who wrangles the carts.  most folks pay him no attention, but i always stop & chat with him..he is nice..he sees my big van & comes over to talk.  well a few days ago i went to the store for the first time since the storm.  he saw me & came running over.  he said:

"i was worried about you.  are you okay?" ( i asked him the same Ii don't know his living arrangements)
he then said.."i was so scared.  it was very bright with explosions .  are you sure you are ok?  i was so worried."

and he hugged me.  with tears running from his eyes.  & i returned it with the same.  i assured him i was okay, and that it would get better because we were all safe now.  it was scary..i thought we would die too..but friends watch out for each other...

he smiled & hugged me again & said it was ok now.

yeah it was & will be.  chez lema & the herd is righting itself thanks to everyone who helped.  it means a huge amount  to me.

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."  Albert Einstein