[Dailydrool] Drool for Ophelia Please

Barbara Hodges bassetbarb at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 20 07:31:06 PST 2012

Ophelia needs some start-eating drool.  On Saturday evening she had to go to the E.R..  When they x-rayed her tummy to check for pancritis, they discovered she had a large tumor on her spleen.

The spleen had to be removed.   She came through the surgery okay and came home, but she refuses to eat...she drinks water, pees okay, but shows no interest in food.  She hasn't eaten since Saturday.

I'm talking with my vet today about a drug to stimulate appetite.  If that doesn't work, then Jeff and I will make a tough decision and let her go to the bridge.  She's not quite ten yet.  Three months ago, she had a anal sack tumor removed and it was cancerous. They said at the time they didn't get all of it, but gave her a year to a year and a half before it would come back.  I'm afraid this is all tied together.

Hamlet is sending drool to any hounds that are in need of it.

Barbara M Hodges
http://barbaramhodges.com

The Blue Flame
Five books from Long and Short Reviews.
Reviewed by Geranium

 "I highly recommend this lively, well-written fantasy, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next volume in the series, which, unfortunately from my point of view, won't be out until February, 2012.  "