[Dailydrool] Giving thanks for you, my Drool family!

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Thu Nov 22 06:15:17 PST 2012

Hi everybody --

On this Thanksgiving Day (go, Patriots!), there's so much that I give
thanks for.  Especially that this year is ending so much better than it  began!
I'm thankful for extraordinary, committed, caring (and  one really cute)
doctors who have taken me through two surgeries and  endless treatments.  I'm
thankful for the miracle of healing, and for chemo  which finally seems to
be working (yay).  I'm thankful that each day is  better than the last, and
that although it's a long road, I know that 2013  will be better still.

And, personally, I am so speechlessly, tears-in-the-eyes grateful for  you,
my Daily Drool family.  I cannot tell you how much your love,
thoughtfulness, and support have meant as I have traveled this unimaginable  road.  The
Drool has been part of my life for more than 15 years now -- I  was one of
the original Droolers when Nancy started this ages ago, when she  still had
her glorious Caruso, and I had my dear, goofy, snow-eating,  Oreo-chomping.
mooing Duchess.  I love having Drooler  friends, and I cherish those
friendships.

And I cherish each one of you.  Last December was the worst  month of my
medical saga -- at Thanksgiving they told me I had a brain tumor,  and the
next month was a blur of tests, treatments, consultations, etc. leading  up to
the surgery itself on December 28th.  I was at the hospital almost  every
day.  And when I came home, exhausted and scared, what greeted  me?  Drooler
howliday cards!  Dearest Amanda had put me on the Heroes  list, and to my
utter surprise I was overwhelmed by cards every single  day.

I can't tell you how much that meant.  How the thoughtfulness  moved me to
tears; and how all of those sweet, goofy, precious faces made me  laugh.
Day by day, they got me through that darkest month -- and also  through this
whole year, because I kept every one and looked at them over  and over and
over, taping them all over my wall so as I recovered from my  surgeries, I
basked in the embrace of your love.

And the e-mails and the presents!  Each one so special,  treasured not only
for what they were themselves, but how they reflected your  love.  Thank
you to all of you -- you'll never know how healing and  strengthening they
were, how they lit my darkness with the hope and cheer and  optimism of
friendship.  They still surround me, and even now on the  current difficult days of
chemo, or discouraging appointments, I find comfort  and solace in them.
(And some of them -- the tiny stuffed basset; the  little basset keyring that
fits over my thumb so I can hold the figurine in my  hand; the basset angel
charm -- come with me to treatments and procedures,  and especially through
the dreaded MRIs!)

And then a boost of more surprise cards a few months ago when  the
treatments were so hard, just when I needed them the most.

So, at this Thanksgiving, I want all of you to know how truly I give
thanks for you -- for your loving thoughtfulness -- for your endearing and
unforgettable houndies who you share with me -- and for this family, which is
always there with unquestioning support.

Please hug your furbabies for their Auntie Beth H., and have a  wonderful
Thanksgiving Day, knowing in your hearts how your kindness has  truly touched
this life.

Much love to all,
Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB)

For Duchess and Blueberry: "You have gone  ahead and nothing is the same,
leaving pawprints on my heart that will always  remain." -- Tibetan Proverb
from Prayers on the  Wind