[Dailydrool] The Belly Report

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Nov 22 18:14:30 PST 2012

Momma here, hoping everyone has had a wonderful day, Thanksgiving is always one of my favorites. This one might be somewhat of a exception.
Brudder Jake, my oil sucking hound decided at midnight last night he needed to go out. I did sleep thru this one-hubby got up and let him out-but he was barking and howling at 1am-I flew out of bed thinking oh no--here it comes---I ran down stairs and let the big boy out of his crate, opened up the dog door-turned on the lights--he barked at me, wagged his tail and sat down. I said go outside Jake. More tail wagging. I sat on the couch as I just knew that he would need to go out--nope. He thought this was a social hour. At 4am I went back to bed, left him on the couch, I was done.
Jake took a power nap.
He was roaring at 5am-woke up the rest of the hounds, the howl began. Down the stairs I came, thinking--this dog has to be sick, after lapping up the cooking oil last night it has got to be hitting him soon--nope. All good on the belly. I went back to bed. The howl continued. Hubby got back up again-not knowing the dog door was open. Jake refused to go out but came up the stairs and stood by the bed barking. I have no clue why, the tail was wagging, he was very proud of himself. He is no worse for the oil wear. <Myself I am dragging rumpbones. I did the turkey deal, cooked served and cleaned up and was glad to see everyone go, and the hounds have been put to bed,
I had words of wisdom for Jake.
You better sleep all night big boy-----

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,