[Dailydrool] Science Diet Food .... WARNING

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 26 12:02:13 PST 2012

Good afternoon Droolers,

I've feed Science diet for MANY years, longer than I can remember.  It USED to
be a really good food.  Less and less so as time went on, but my dogs have done
well on it and I've stayed.  Until now.

When I bought my last bag I was low, very low on dog food.  Thank DOG I bought
it when I did.  On the new bag was a very tiny sticker which said

"we are completely reformulating all versions of science diet.  completely new
formula using new and different ingredients.  You should be prepared to
"transition" your dog from the old science diet to the new science diet as
though it were a brand new food you were switching to.  Please allow at least 4
weeks and make the transition gradually."

I bought the bag which still had the old formula science diet lamb/rice.  And, I
bought a bag of Blue Buffalo lamb and rice.  Long as I have to transition them I
am going to transition them off of science diet.  I am one week into the
transition and they are all doing fine.

Just wanted to warm folks so they don't get down to the last scoop of food and
go down to buy more and wind up with a whole new mix and a very sick dog.

--Dale .... aka the clueless momPerson but about this I do have a clue