[Dailydrool] Gate Locks

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Sat Nov 3 14:11:04 PDT 2012

Hardware stores sell sets of padlocks (3 or 5 or 10) all that open with the same key. They come with multiple keys. We have these on our gate and our garden shed. I have a key on my car keys. My son has a key. There is a key on a hook inside the front door. There is a key on a hook inside the garage by the lawnmower. The minor inconvenience  is definately worth the feeling of security. We have three dog doors and the boys come and go at will. While I have had a couple slip out the front door, slip collars, slip a choke chain on a lead (!) (more than once) and take off down the street, I have never had one get out of my yard since the epileptic Bruno episode which definately taught me a lesson. I also live on a very quiet cul de sac, and part of the reason I chose this house was because of that.

When the basset rescue people came to do my home visit, they were extremely pleased to see I locked my gates---something they also strongly recommend. It is rare, apparently.

Marilyn Briggs