[Dailydrool] Zoe's cancer

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Wed Nov 7 09:06:12 PST 2012

Lisa -- I don't think you ever really know for sure that this is the right
time, until you have gone past the right time and the pet is suffering so
much that you can't miss it.  I made that mistake once and it took years to
get over the guilt of making my poor little one suffer so much because I was
too selfish to let her go.  My opinion is, don't rush the decision, but a
little too soon is better for the dog than a little too late.

Something to remember -- usually a dog in pain trembles.  If you can manage
her pain and nausea with meds and she is eating, that's fine.  If she gets
to the point where the meds are not helping and she is refusing to eat and
her quality of life is not good, then it's time.  It's a hard decision to
make.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net