[Dailydrool] Thief

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 3 08:35:06 PDT 2012

Oh my, this Gracie is just the DICKENS.

Today she discovered that my tomatos are still producing.  She couldn't believe
her eyes ..... I was out there watering because it's been hot and she went
around behind a tomato bush and found a ripe one and ripped it off the plant and
tore into it.  LuLu and Snoopy came running over and Snoopy was like whoa .....
that's food!!  And shared it with her.  As did LuLu.  I was HORRIFIED ....
they've never stolen my tomatos before, I have a beefsteak and an heirloom and
several cherry tomatos all in flower beds.

Anyway I came back inside and was helping the girls get ready for school and I
heard some prancing in the living room and Snoopy had ANOTHER HUGE tomato in his
mouth .... still mostly green but he'd found it and picked it and brought it
inside and couldn't have been prouder.  NO Snoopy .... I took it and threw it
away, it was already chewed up.  And came back in the office to work and 5
minutes later Gracie was barking ... her na na na na na bark.  So LuLu and
Snoopy and I came out in the living room and she had ANOTHER one, an heirloom
this time, half ripe, in her mouth.

I'm doomed.

Darned this naughty little girl basset, she's taught the whole pack to steal
tomatos.

--Dale