[Dailydrool] Nigel's wheels

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 05:20:06 PDT 2012

Nigel has a wheel/cart which is top of the line and quite snazzy. Here is
my problem.
Nigel weighs between 60 and 70 pounds. I no longer can weigh him by
lifting.
In order to get him into the cart I have to lift (or someone does) his
entire rear up high enough to fit into the two rear leg holders. Nigel does
not like this. I have to lift him quite high-- just the rear, but that's
enough to kill my back, esp when he is resisting. Once in, it's a moment to
hook him up and he quite likes the mobility.
But my back.....
HIS may not feel it, but MINE does.
So it is very difficult for me to get him into the cart and outside, and
conversly, out of the cart once he is inside. Same movement-- lift the rear
clear of thecart (which is moving as it has wheels) and then get his front
untangled.
Does-- this was the long way to ask a simple question-- anyone know of a
cart that is simpler to enter and exit for the dog and owner?
MomPerson who would like Nigel to get out more than he does before he turns
into Jabba the Hut.