[Dailydrool] Breed differences

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 02:17:01 PDT 2012

I woke up about 3 and since I was up the puppy (who we all know is
NOTABASSET) was up and I thought I would take him out.
So out we went and he was ahead of me doing his "business mode" trot,
glanced to his right but kept going.
We have a lot of wildlife-- everything from squirrels to coyotes so I
looked also and there inthe grass was an animal-- my heart kind of paused
and then my brain caught up and said BUNNY.
Sure enough a rabbit was frozen in the grass and the instant Doc was past
and busy it took off.
I had to laugh-- not another dog in the house would have kept going past
that rabbit, no matter how urgent the need.
Of course, he doesn't know about rabbits yet, and the rabbit was not moving
but I have seen the Boys hit on a frozen rabbit before. It must be a
terrifying moment for the bunny-- do I freeze or get the hell out of Dodge?

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc