[Dailydrool] Hubert

Dave and Sue Autry SAUTRY at cfl.rr.com
Fri Oct 19 14:15:56 PDT 2012

Hi Kris,

Puppies seem to do that!!  Awake and wander at night!!

Can you gate him in your bedroom, kitchen, some safe place?

I have had several puppies do that for weeks at a time and had to just let them roam in a safe room.  Sometimes i think more exercise in the evening energizes them.  Try to just take him out to pee   quickly in the evenings, no long walks down the road.  Exercise him a lot early in the day and afternoons.

i have even attached a large fenced area inside the house  to the dog crate so the pup could have the safety of a confined area and their crate at the same time.  Their toys are right in that confined area.  They have to get used to being inside that area.  I get right in there with them at first and put them in there several times a day, then they are used to it at night.

My puppies were always crated when we left the house until they were about 1 1/2- 2 years.  Now they roam the house day and night and never hurt anything.  They are 5, 3 and 2 years.  No more crates!!

I do have a large outdoor gate for the large indoor laundry room so I can confine them during dinner parties, houseguests who do not like dogs, infant grandbabies, service repairmen, etc.  It was pricey, but i never have to worry about them jumping ovetr the gate, It is 6 feet high, or knocking over a small gate!!

Good luck.  Get some SLEEP!!  Slave Sue to :
                                                                                    Tilly (I was only 6 weeks old when Mom got me!! I       I had  the    fenced crate for 1 year)
                                                                                  Phoebe (I slept in bed with Mom and Dad from the first day)
                                                                                  Harvey ( I slept in the crate until I was 4 months old at night)

                                                                                  Buffy and Wilby (Slept in a small gated laundry room)  ATB
                                                                                  Caseymae (I slept at the foot of the bed for 11 years)  ATB