[Dailydrool] October 20 calendar day!

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sat Oct 20 05:52:12 PDT 2012

Calendar Day, October 20th! It's our Lady Jane of Roo, making her belly available for rubs. This is a classic Jane pose, as she was making use of a human pillow and having one of mama's hand made afghans at her feet.

We lost Jane to pancreatic cancer this year. She was the last of our three hounds to go to the Bridge in a single year--Jane went to be with her best bud, Belvedere, just short of a year from the time we lost Abner to bloat. All three are now together there, and we hope that Abner is behaving himself.

Jane was just short of her 15th birthday--she must have celebrated it up at the Bridge with a lot of joy. But it was a hard day for her daddy, because she was his favorite. No one will ever take her place in our home or hearts. She was the perfect pack leader, firm but gentle, and graciously allowed tons of fosters to share her home with never a problem.

Thanks so much to Angelika Hastings for making Jane's calendar date possible.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets