[Dailydrool] Gracie strikes again

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 23 15:56:23 PDT 2012

Greetings from the clueless momPerson,

I will never learn.  That's why I'm clueless.  Yesterday the DH and I had
tickets to game 7 of the Giants game.  What a hoot!!  Most fun we've had in a
long, long time.  Not only did we have a nice view behind home plate, we were
under the overhang and didn't even get wet.

Now, my girls are 15 and going on 13 (in Dec) and certainly old enough to be
home alone ... it was a 5PM start and we were home well before 10.  Snoopy is
Juliannes "baby" and nobody can manage his food aggression like Julianne so
there's no trouble to feed them.  I left strict instructions for the dogs to be
WATCHED, ESPECIALLY Gracie ...... who chews stuff up when she's bored.

Julianne started to close doors as we got ready to leave and I told her no, no,
no don't lock the dogs out of the rooms, WATCH them please.  Yeah.  Right.
Teenage girl.  Should have let her close doors.  It got dark and Julianne got
distracted.   I can't help but chuckle though.  Here's what happened:

Snoopy:  ate, went potty, cuddled up with Julianne, no mischief here, nada, not
going there

LuLu:  ate, went potty, discovered she wasn't going for her evening walk, sought
out and destroyed my favorite (hot pink) squirt bottle (apparently on direction
from Nigel albeit somewhat delayed)

Gracie:  ate, went potty, wandered into the office and found some paperwork on
the desk.  Sorted through said paperwork.  Removed and destroyed all government
issued paperwork she could find including my absentee ballet, my husbands
absentee ballet and our property tax bill.  Left the rest of the paperwork
undisturbed.

Oh the joy of bassets.

More later from the clueless momPerson with Snoopy the cuddler, LuLu the
vengeful and Gracie the anarchist