[Dailydrool] Armpits

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 12:42:04 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I've used Nizoral shampoo with success on really revolting spots on Vernon
Q. It wasn't armpits in his case -- it was a place on his chest that is
completely hidden by his beautiful stole of extra skin. When I found it, it
was red and bald and smelly and I felt dreadfully guilty for not noticing
it earlier.

The active ingredient in Nizoral is listed as "Ketoconazole 2%" and it is
intended for humans, to "kill the fungus that can cause dandruff and
seborrhea" -- this according to the package. Our vet recommended it.

To use it, I applied it with warm water to the bare spot, left it on for
five minutes or so, then rinsed it off carefully. I did it a couple of
times a day I think at first, then less frequently. Vern's chest cleared up
quickly and within 2-3 weeks he was getting his fur back.

I'm in Canada, and I don't know if this product is available elsewhere.
Here it used to be something that you had to ask the pharmacist for, but
now it's on open shelves.

Vernon Q hopes that Thelma Lu's pits will soon be yuck-free and that she
will enjoy a lovely winter. (Vernon loves the girls, and is very polite!)

Mary
with the no-longer-itchy Vernon Q Basset