[Dailydrool] Ringing the bell

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Tue Oct 30 19:20:13 PDT 2012

I think you just hang the bell thingy on the doorknob and wait for the
dog to accidentally hit it and then you run like hell and open the door
(praising extravagantly -- but not so much as to make the dog forget why
you opened the door). On the other hand, if you're going to stand around
all day and wait for a dog to accidentally ring the bell... you have a
lot of time on your hands. And what happens if you don't respond
immediately? Do they actually keep ringing it till you DO respond?

My "good" dogs will go to the door and if it's closed, they just sigh
(or scratch hopefully) and go wait for better times. The "bad" ones
(only a couple, thank doG) just go somewhere else and pee.

Riche