[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 230, Issue 7

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 20:36:13 PDT 2012

Dear Anita,

I have a recipe that would make a great yappy dog stew...call me...

Yours truly,
Maggie d'Earest

HOLD ON - how did SHE get up to the desk??? Ignore her. She's quite snarky
lately. My old girl is losing her patience. (And apparently her brain.) She
snaps at Leia and Dexter more often all the time. Leia has a scar on her
nose now. And she's a little skittish around Maggie. So I'm learning to
place myself between them at feeding time. (Leia eats slow, Maggie's a PIG,
and goes after the other dog's food any chance she gets.)

But I digress. I just wanted to say that it is quite nice here not to have
that yappy crappy going on anymore. Now, don't get me wrong: I do miss my
sheltie - Dreamer passed away at Christmas - but he was definitely the
instigator of the backyard barkfests.

When Leia came in January, she was a backyard barker. But she's smart, and I
trained it out of her in a few weeks. Actually, I was quite impressed. What
it came down to, was she would rather be outside than inside. And she
learned that if she barked, she was inside in short order. Now, if she does
start barking (rare - less than once a week, usually at a cat in the next
yard) it doesn't take much to remind her to stop. It is so wonderfully quiet
here now - unless someone knocks on the door. Then if she doesn't stop
barking on command, she's taken to the bedroom until she stops. I'm sure
she'll get the hang of it.

Enough rambling: college football season is upon us, and I can't watch that
and type at the same time.

Tim 'n Puppies
 --Maggie d'Earest
 --Leia Round