[Dailydrool] Reposting the Drool to other parties - from the Moderators

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Thu Sep 6 19:24:38 PDT 2012

Recently a couple of droolers questioned if a Drool Rule had been broken.
The Drool Rule in question reads: (all the rules can be found at
<http://www.dailydrool.com/> www.dailydrool.com)

>>FORWARDING OR SUPPLYING THE DAILY DROOL TO ANYONE NOT ON OUR DAILY DROOL
SUBSCRIBER LIST IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN AND WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE AND
IRREVOCABLE CANCELLATION OF SUBSCRIPTION.<<

This means that you may not send or share the Daily Drool digest with
someone who is not a subscriber. This, of course, also applies to sending or
sharing with anyone who has had their subscription to the Daily Drool
cancelled by the Moderators due to rule violations.  It also includes
copying the Daily Drool or posts from the Daily Drool without the express
permission from the person making the post and the Moderators.

Now ~ many of us forward digests to fellow members who are not receiving
theirs due to cyber-space gremlins. Some read posts to co-workers or to
members of their household and this is all ok to do. The idea is to keep the
email addresses of members private - well as private as they can be kept
within a list of 3000+ members.

When an issue arises that may or may not be a violation of a Drool Rule; it
is up to the moderators to make a decision of what plan of action to take.
This is the Drool Rule that allows us to do that:

>>Prior to being posted on the Drool, all messages are reviewed for
appropriateness by the moderators. Inappropriate messages sent to the list,
including but not limited to posts that are abusive, offensive, designed to
disrupt the friendly Drool environment, or do not otherwise adhere to the
Drool Rules may be rejected at the moderators' discretion.<<

I won't bore, nor entertain you with the wide variety of posts we receive.
We put through the ones we feel are within the boundaries and reject those
that we feel are not. Most days this an easy job - some days it is
stressful. All of us volunteer our time because we love the Daily Drool and
wish it to continue for many years to come. We are all passionate with our
opinions and feelings. But the most important reason for bringing and
keeping us all together is King Caruso - the basset that caused Drool Mom
Nancy to create this list to begin with. After a decade of moderating the
Daily Drool single-handedly, she handed the reins over. So now there is also
a variety of opinions among moderators - and this is good. Sometimes one of
us sees something one way and someone else points out something we did not
even consider.

The purpose of the Daily Drool is to help people understand the Basset Hound
breed, to help owners, and to help basset rescue organizations.  As
Moderators, it is our task to maintain the Daily Drool and remain true to
the purpose.  When difficult and/or controversial subjects arise, we are
called upon to "moderate" posts to assure that individuals and organizations
are not physically or emotionally hurt as a result of negative posts to the
Daily Drool.  The Daily Drool must remain a safe and supportive environment
for everyone.

We're all in this together- FOR THE BASSETS!
Sandi Wittenberg - On behalf of the Moderators