[Dailydrool] Bathing hounds and pooh eating

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sat Sep 8 07:45:24 PDT 2012

As for bathing the the Bad A$$ Basset Brothers we have a wonderful place just 2 miles from us called U-Scub a Pup.  They have tubs that are waist high, and they will help you lift your dog in the tubs if you need it, they also have stairs that the dogs can use to get them into the tub if the dog will use them. They provide all the shampoos, towels, ear cleaner, blow dryers and anything else you might need to bath and/or groom your dogs. They will wash, or you can wash your own dogs and they even have a groomer for the long haired yappiers.   So we take the boyz there. Momma has to clean the ears and anals, Daddy baths and during the scubbing gives a deep tissue massages, then after daddy gives them a good scrubbing and rinsing momma steps in to towel and blow dry.  They don't like baths...but they tolerate it, but only because of daddys massage scrubbies.

I read somewhere on line to add a little spinach to a dogs food to help keep them from eating pooh. According to the article it is supposed to make pooh taste bad to dogs and they don't like it anymore. I can't imagine pooh tasting good in the first place. lol... Ruger & Colt ate it a few times...bad enough to make them vomit...I can handle picking up pooh, and even vomit, but pooh vomit is absolutely disgusting. So I added a handful of frozen chopped spinach to the boyz dinner for a week. I have not seen them eat pooh since, nor have I had to clean up the nasty pooh vomit. GROSS!

Heart healing drool to all of those whose hounds have journeyed to the rainbow  bridge. Take heart that they are young and strong hounds once again. May they live forever in the magic of your memories.

Michele Momma to the Bad A$$ Basset Brothers
Colt & Ruger

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...