[Dailydrool] steps

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:38:53 PDT 2012

My husband bought some extremely cheapo steps at PetSmart and now we have
them all over the place. You cannot sit in any chair in this house without
moving the stairs first. Llewis needs them, and of course, now Nigel does
(altho he also needs a towel) and even Conley uses them.
My bed is about 2.5 feet off the ground and I have a huge set that I bought
on amazon for the bed. Not even Nimble Conley could get on the bed without
them, and Nigel comes down them by himself, albeit like a seal.
So my suggestion is to spike the steps with food and encourage the dogs to
use them. Help them up if you need to. These are just plastic with cloth
stretched over them. Washable, light-weight, portable. We take the big ones
out to the Van when Nigel needs to go to the Vet----- so much easier than
trying to lift him in.
Keep trying. Once they get the idea....you won't have anywhere to sit or
sleep.

momPerson to Nigel, Llewis and Conley