[Dailydrool] Charlie and his mites!

Nancy nancykay9 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 10:22:42 PDT 2012

Poor little-big Charlie has mites! He's been itchy pretty much for the
month we've had him, and we've thought it was the grass, or maybe his
food, or maybe a flea, but the vet says something tiny is biting him,
and it's mites. She did a few scrapings, but didn't actually see a
critter under her microscope so she can't say for sure what kind of mite
it is.

He got an Ivermectin shot, an antibiotic for his skin, and we're washing
and vacuuming everything in sight. Does anyone have any other
suggestions about making him comfortable, and getting rid of mites
safely, quickly and permanently ?

Nancy, Charlie-the-Itchy, and Tina-Weena