[Dailydrool] A Day at the Dog show!

kristin.mielke at videotron.ca kristin.mielke at videotron.ca
Mon Sep 17 13:33:36 PDT 2012

Sunday I went to the dog show to visit with Hubert's breeder and help out. She was showing Hubert's brother, who wound up with 8 points so that was pretty fantastic.  He placed 4 th in Hound at his first show and won best puppy.  Very exciting.  But ohhh boy..I think I need show training along with Hubert.  Let me tell you it is not a hobby for the faint of heart.  Holy molly this my friends is a work out that will rival any gym routine.  Lift crates, set up crates, grooming table supplies. Lift show basset...HEAVY...on to table. Wrestle basset while grooming.  Spray basset with coat shine while trying not to inhale or spray yourself or partner. Fluff tail, fluff feet, apply grooming cream and powder. Blow dry basset,,trying not to inhale grooming powder... Wipe rear, wipe the goodies,,clean drool..clean drool again after basset sees bait. Lift basset off table, and run to ring with at least two bassets in tow.  Not easy my friends...and I was not showing the dog..just assisting.  But I learned, I learned allot. Repeat at least twice a day with each basset...more if you win.  Oh...and Dog show people are mostly nice..even though I am sure they had a good laugh at my expense..the bassets looked great..I was a mess by 4pm, covered from head to toe in coat shine, corn starch, and drool and some other stuff I really prefer not to think about.
Just thought you all might enjoy!
Kris (We won!)
Hubert (Mom you smell like my brother..what's up with that?)