[Dailydrool] Reaction to bug bite, follow-up

Rose Hughes rosekh at aol.com
Mon Sep 17 16:48:18 PDT 2012

I ended up having to give Annie Benadryl again last night, so I called the vet and got her in this morning.  The vet did a needle biopsy and only saw inflammatory cells and she thought she saw some bacteria.  Her theory is that she got poked by something outside (we do walk near woods) and that it became infected.  She put her on an antibiotic, and I had the option of continuing Benadryl or doing a steroid.  I want her comfortable ASAP, since this has been going on for 2 weeks now, so I decided to go with the steroid.  If she pees in the house, so be it.  That's why I have laminate floors!

Thanks to those who gave advice!
Rose, Annie and Fred