[Dailydrool] Obie

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu Sep 20 17:10:09 PDT 2012

Oh, how sorry I felt for poor Obie the dachsund. And I understand that he needs to lose weight slowly, but I hope he loses the weight before he ends up with a slipped disc. Our Abner came to us terribly fat, and before he could lose it all, his back went bad. Such extreme overweight is not something to take lightly.

Dachshunds are even more prone to back troubles than bassets, if the Yahoo group Dodger's List is to be believed. There are many weiner dogs on that list who have had a disc go bad.

How people can let their dogs get that huge I will never know. You might as well just decide to kill your dog--or at least give it as much pain as possible in this life.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets