[Dailydrool] Dog-bed advice

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Sep 24 06:44:40 PDT 2012

One of the favorite Dashing Basset beds has become a pee spot. I'm not quite sure if the cat is the offender or if Holly is doing the dirty deed. At any rate, not even KOE has stopped the offender, and I see the possiblity of a new bed in the offing.

Am I the only one in the world who insists that dog beds be entirely washable? Everything I see online seems only to have a washable cover, and with an occasionally peeing senior who is probably headed for Cushing's disease, according to the vet, I can't buy something that is not up to the job. I made a bed last year, after I found some really great fleece, but I wish I had bought more fleece at the time, since now I can't find the same thing again.

The cheap polyester filling I used in another bed ended up lumping so badly, I hate to try that again.

So, can Droolers either point the way to a completely washable bed or to filling that will wash nicely and not turn into rocklike stuff?

I appreciate all advice.
Pam, chief bedmaker for the Dashing Bassets