[Dailydrool] A couple of sewing things

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 16:05:48 PDT 2012

A Drooler asked me where I found the adorable fabric with the basset hounds in sunglasses. (This is a larger version of the same graphic that I used on eyeglass cases a few years ago). The fabric itself has about a half dozen different dogs on it--chihuahuas in sneakers, a bulldog in a bomber jacket, a schnauzer in a three piece suit, a lab in an Indiana Jones hat, etc. I just cut out and used the basset hounds. The fabric is "Howard Robinson for Elizabeth's Studio, Pattern 1289". I found it in our local fabric store with both a beige background or with a black background. I'm guessing it must be somewhere on line. If you haven't seen it, it's very cute. Chris Bly is selling cookie gift sets featuring two hotpads with this graphic along with a basset hound cookie cutter and a bone cookie cutter and recipes for both human and hound cookies, all tied up in a dogprint bag ready for giving. Contact Chris at wmbri at wmbri.org if interested. Very cute.

Secondly, has anyone come up with a good way to keep an iron from being pulled off the ironing board by accident by basset hounds? Bo is always exactly underfoot and I'm afraid he's going to pull the iron off and get hurt. I have the board against the wall and the cord wrapped around one of it's legs and then around the door jamb, but in order to have enough cord to actually iron, I'm thinking it could still get him. (It hasn't so far--knock on wood). I'm wondering if there are such things as retractable cords through a pulley on the ceiling or something like that? I know there are a number of seamstresses out there. Have you solved this problem? Thank you, Val