[Dailydrool] Dog beds

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Sep 26 08:00:14 PDT 2012

The boyz have a custom bed that is so comfortable that I would not think twice about sleeping on it....with clean sheets mind you.  I was able to get a big, thick peice of foam with egg crate foam glued to the top from one of our shipments of very exspensive manikins. However I have seen the same foam at JoAnn's fabrics.  You would just have to glue the 2 peices together.  I then bought a plastic matress covering from Target for about $10.00 (the kind that goes on kids beds that are bed wetters) I took the old broken down orthopedic beds from Sams club and put them on top, this gives the bed a "pillow top" optional of course and if you wanted the pillow top protected from pee you could get larger plastic matress cover that would accomedate both the foam and old dog beds. I put a sheet on top to help protect the old dog beds and then a fitted sheet to hold it all together. During the winter I add a large pillow/mattress case that my neighbor sewed together for me, to incapsulate the whole bed for added warmth and more snuggle power.  The winter case is made of a fuzzy faux fur blanket that I found at a thrift store and the bottem is an old heavey duty material that used to be a couch cover. The covers & fitted sheets are easily removed, shaken out, wash dried and put back onto the bed.  I have 3 fitted sheets for summer so I can rotate them and not have to wash them immediatly after removal if I don't want to.  All of my fitted sheets where bought at the thrift store for less then $5...most at $2-3.   If you can sew or know someone that you can bribe then you can make all kinds of washable covers on the cheap.  Thrift usally have old blankets, sheets, and couch covers that can be repurposed. Also you can check at fabric stores for reminantes. You might even be able to get a reminate peice of foam from an upholstry shop.  The boyz love there bed...theirs is what I call a King Basset dog bed, it is about the size of a kids bunk bed matress.  large enough for 2 hounds to totally stretch out on.

Drool to all the sick humans.
Dale congratulations on your triathalon!  That is amazing accomplishment.
Nigel, LLewis, & Conley...Train your little Mr. Cooper Sir to be a large black basset. that'll teach the momperson!
Brudders, & Bessie, when a song enters your heart you just have to set it free!  LOL

Love an drool to all
Michele momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt & Ruger who are happy that fall is here!

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...