[Dailydrool] This and that!

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 10:53:58 PDT 2012

Having been out of town most of the past 6 weeks during my Dad's last
illness and death, I've missed being around my dogs a lot.  When I was in
various places, I would see dogs that reminded me of angels: they were so
gentle and friendly!
  One was a labradoodle who was staying at our hotel in Bellevue WA.  He
was incredibly cute and happy, out for walks several times per day.

 One was a lab/Australian Shepherd mix we met when we visited
a rhododendron grower on the coast near Waldport, OR. She had an ideal life
for a friendly dog as a greeter at a plant hybridizer and an after-school
entertainer for an 8 year old girl.

 One was my daughter's friend Hadley's little poodle mix named Daisy,
living in Seattle, close to my Dad's apartment and close to where Dad spent
his high school years. Daisy was sweet and friendly to all of us dog lovers
who visited and has a job as a helper to Hadley's violin students who come
to the house for their lessons.

  I truly feel that God sends his angels to us when we need them.  I'm home
now with my own pack of angel dogs Roland, Truman, and Data. (no one could
have guessed that I'd ever call Data an angel)  My pack of angels have been
so snuggly and sweet!

However, I was looking forward to having a taste of the many patio tomatoes
growing in my yard.  I figured that 3 days with the dogs at the kennel
would give the tomatoes a fighting chance of surviving until I could
harvest some of them before the dogs did. Wrong!  One or two of the bassets
used their critical thinking skills to tip over the tomato tower and begin
the harvest, which included a fruit stomp as well.

Earlier in the day I had averted a basset take over of a small kitchen
compost bin I had placed on the deck.  In the past, they had been able to
get into the compost by kicking and pushing the composter down the steps
where it magically opened to a mound of delicious compost.  This time I put
the composter wedged behind a little table.

Score: Angel dogs 1 three point goal, Janice,  1 pt. goal.

--
Janice Henry Colvin