[Dailydrool] Princess crates

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:29:30 PDT 2012

When I brought home Belle to foster, I made her crate extra special
for her.  She just had heartworm treatment which meant 4 weeks of
crate rest.  In the crate, I put an oval dog bed with an additional
fleece throw for snuggling into.  I added a few assorted toys.  Since
it was winter, I draped fleece around three sides of the crate. Most
of the items were various shades of pink.  Everytime Belle was out of
the crate, Jefferson ran into it. He wanted her tricked-out princess
crate.

Jefferson's crate is not bare bones by any means.  He has a plush mat,
most of the toys in the household and everything he can manage to
steal which sometimes includes my purse or his momma's wallet.  This
dog even knows how to slam his crate door behind him for a dramatic
statement.

I've discovered feeding a dog in his crate helps a lot.  The dog
learns that the crate is a good place.  When I start preparing their
meals, Jefferson and Boomer run to their crates.  It's a good thing
too. Jefferson and Boomer like to argue after their meal.  I don't
understand why but they do every day.

Jan
Lady & Dexter (sometimes I nap in Boomer's crate)