[Dailydrool] stairs?

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 10 16:06:55 PDT 2012

Been there, done that, bought every last thing they make for bassets .... ramps,
stairs, you name it, we tried it.  No use, nothing worked.

Then, one day, my daughter had pushed the ottman up against the couch and
voila!  They could climb up onto the ottoman and from there the couch.

So, off to Target I went and bought 4 more ottomans .... the square ones they
have there for 20 bucks apiece.  They are hollow and too light so we filled the
bottom of them all with books.  And put one next to each bed.

Now we have bassets on all the beds, bassets on all the couches, and no place
for the hoomans to sit or sleep without inconveniencing bassets.

Good luck and look out, don't buy too many ottomans or you'll be sitting (and
sleeping) on the floor like me.

I remain ..... the clueless momPerson with Snoopy, LuLu and Gracie too

P.S.  if that fails there is a guy on ebay that custom makes ramps to your
specifications out of foam.  They are tough, light and I've heard good things.
Only thing is I hear bassets only use them to get up, but then jump down, which
isn't so good.  My bassets use the ottomans for BOTH going up AND going down,
which is important.

Can anyone recommend a good set of stairs that are basset friendly?  One of my
girls is having issues jumping, but she loves sleeping on the couch.  This is
fine, except when she cries at 2 am to get put up on the couch!  We tried a ramp
and they didn't like it.  I purchased some stairs today, but they don't love
them either.  I don't think that the width/depth of the step is very basset
friendly.  I'm trying to find some online before I go and have someone make them
for me.  So any help would be great.  Feel free to email me directly.

Thanks!

Danielle