[Dailydrool] Talking Dogs

melissa gibson magbjh at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 06:49:21 PDT 2013

OMG! My Daisy Mae (pee princess) is a talker, a VERY BOSSY talker. In all other
aspects she is the most timid and dainty thing. She was a breeder dog and kept
outside. It took almost a year before she would even let me pet her. But now she
knows she is safe and I am not going to hurt her, her loud mouth tendencies are
showing. She can be sound asleep when I walk in the door but after a few minutes
she is up sounding the alarm, ALERT, ALERT! This continues the whole while that
I get their food bowls ready, not even really a howl,(I would love a howl) just
bark, bark,bark!!! She also barks when it's feeding time during the night (I get
up around 2 or 3 am every night to feed the dogs, I have no control, it is
insane I know but it's just easier to do it and then go back to sleep) So to
alert me that she is hungry Daisy will come up as close to my sound asleep head
as possible and just start barking at the top of her lungs, BARK, BARK, BARK!!!
I swear someday this will give me heart attack. This is when Abe joins in a very
short choppy demanding bark. I am half asleep trying not to trip over them and
they are all crowded around me. "OKay I am coming, stop barking at me!" My
kitchen faces my neighbor's bedroom window, I don't even turn on the light but I
know they can hear the barking, I try to get the bowls down as fast as possible
in the dark. Please don't tell me how I can train my dogs so they will sleep
through the night and be fed at NORMAL hours. I have been doing this for years.
Abe sleeps on the bed with me and once he is up, he is up. He just starts
jumping on me and pawing at me and I yell at him "It's too early!" and try to
avoid getting up from my nice warm comfy bed as long as possible but it is no
use. I truly am a food slave.

Melissa