[Dailydrool] Do your bassets let you pick them up to cuddle them?

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 8 14:50:08 PDT 2013

Hi it's Dale,

I was just wondering because Gracie is the first dog (well, she's a basset
anyway, I guess she might be a dog maybe) I've ever had that liked me pick them
up after they were full grown.

I mean, I CAN pick Snoopy up but he's close to 70 lbs and he's got boy parts and
he is so long, it is VERY difficult to pick him up and when I do I place him
quickly and carefully where I was wanting him.  LuLu is 52 lbs but she is
EXTREMELY long and she does not like to be lifted off of the ground.  I have to
hold her close to my body and she tries to flex and I am always worried I'll
hurt her somehow.

But Gracie, little Gracie is not quite as long as the other two.  She is also
only 48 lbs.  She will let me put one arm under her belly and the other under
her butt and scoop her up and hug her close and she just melts into my arms and
puts her chin on my shoulder and it feels SO good ..... like cuddling a little
tiny baby.

Any of the three of them will lay down on the bed or the floor or anywhere and
cuddle with me but only Gracie will let me pick her up and carry her around and
cuddle her.

Yesterday I was very irritated with my teenage daughter and she told me I needed
to pick Gracie up and carry her around for a while.  Go figure.

More later from the clueless momPerson who wants to know .....