[Dailydrool] Older Bassets and colder, rainy weather

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 08:19:19 PDT 2013

It stormed again here in Kansas City last night and this morning, of
course, Quincy was up at the crack of dawn ready to eat and go for a walk.
Cleo (age 12), however, decided to sleep in and did not want to get up. And
being the worry-wart that I am, I'm saying, "Do you feel OK, Miss P?"  It
had stopped raining but was cold and sloppy out so we went out after 7 for
a short walk. Cleo was ready to go and then ate her breakfast when we got
back to the house before snuggling on the couch to continue her nap.

Does anyone else with older bassets experience this? I'm wondering if, like
some older adults, the change in the weather/temperature might make the
little old joints ache more or make them go, "nah, I don't want to get off
the couch in this crud just to go for a walk." She's done this before in
the past. Now Quincy, who is 2 and hasn't received his brains yet
(pleasssssseee come Mr. UPS man) couldn't give a "fiddlers" WHAT type of
weather it is, he's always ready to go out. Sheesh!

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."