[Dailydrool] Barb Hodges

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Sat Apr 13 05:41:46 PDT 2013

Barb we have had several dogs come into rescue with bad legs at an older age, I do not know if you remember Buster he could not even put his foot on the floor he was almost five when we got his leg repaired that was a year and a half ago and he is doing great. He also is a bigger Basset he is long tall and lean not overweight but close to 100 lbs. We have ten dogs right now but have had up to 36 in our home and rarely have ever had any two Bassets not get along. Every now and then we will get one that does not get along but like I said it is rare. They are pack animals and like being around their own. If you are getting Lulu from a rescue rescues usually have a guarantee that if after you adopt it does not work out just bring us the dog back and we will return your adoption fee. We are in rescue to make people and dogs happy together not in the business to make owners miserable with unhealthy or bad mannered dogs. We try our best to rehabilitate any bad behaviors before the dogs are adopted and will not even put them out there for adoption until we make sure all of their health issues are taken care of and if they have certain problems like aggression or something that makes them unadoptable they just stay in rescue. So don't worry give Lulu a chance ask the rescue their policy I am sure it will put your mind at ease.