[Dailydrool] Bluegrass Basset Rescue--Clarifications

Susan Intessimone sintessimone at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 14 09:38:23 PDT 2013

I would like to clear up some things about my (old) rescue.  I co-founded BBR in 2002, having done rescue on my own there for a year.  Over the years, since I was in CA and TX, it was under the directorship of someone who lived in KY while I did all of the fundraising.  Once I got back there in 2007, I took over.  When I had to leave KY in 2011 for personal reasons, I had to relinquish control of it to the people who had been helping me there.  Sadly, now, it is no longer in existence as they changed the name, and due to an overwhelming work load here in Texas (I am no longer a stay at home mom and have to work), I am not a part of their organization.  Would just like people to know that I did my best to rescue bassets the right way in KY and at one time had 20 dogs in my house as a result of not wanting to turn away any (well, 1 was a deployed soldier's basset we were babysitting for a year, and 3 were my own dogs, so not all were rescues) All of
 my rescues were fully vetted and shelter dogs were never turned away in place of an owner surrender. I can't say these practices are being followed anymore, but know that it has nothing to do with me if that's the case.  I still do what I can for bassets in need, whether in KY or TX.  As we are down to 1 basset now, I am hoping to adopt again; there are 6 at a local all-breed rescue that I really want to help.  Anybody who knows me knows I have and will go to the ends of the earth for a dog in need; my dogs have wanted for nothing, and I have never given up a basset because I moved (and, since I got my Rusty Paws in 1991, I have moved 8 times and literally coast to coast without ever leaving mine behind...I wish people would get a clue that it CAN be done and stop giving the excuse that they're moving and can't take the basset...)

Susan and the San Antonio Basset
Jeremiah
Murphy (ATB), Sweenie (ATB), Rusty Paws (ATB), Nellie (ATB), Sammy (ATB) and Barney (ATB)