[Dailydrool] This and That

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 14 14:54:34 PDT 2013

To Val and Bo, drool to you for the upcoming hernia surgery.  You will be in our thoughts.  I am on a schedule here as well, usually starting at 4 am when Pierre wants to go out.  Today, he went out by himself but most days, he wakes all the other hounds up.  So I distribute morning meds, two get eye ointment, and then go back to bed for a couple of hours.  Pierre only lasts two hours, and then he gets me up again.  Most days, I am ok with it, stay up after that out, and mostly everyone joins us then as well, but I was sick recently, and I have been dragging.  I am over it, and I had a huge burst of energy today.  YAY.  I free feed, so food is never an issue.
Max is feeling so good yesterday and today, he is getting "cranky warrior" again.  Yesterday, he pulled down the curtains, and he thinks he is KING.  All the special meals he is getting are doing him good, and he is eating.  Yesterday, when Sis came home, he greeted her with a bounce in his step and a toy chipmunk in his mouth.  God Bless the little monster.
To Dawn and Pawtunia, I am so sorry to read that your Grandpa is not well.  We send drool and prayers to him.  Whatever you wear, whenever it is, it will be spectacular.  We miss bidding on your fund raising items.
It has been a while since I took Pierre to visit Mom in the nursing home, so today was the day.  I bring string cheese and Trader Joe's made in the USA chicken treats with me to keep his attention fully focused on me while I let strangers pet him.  He has a regular bunch who like to love on him, and he rolls for belly rubs.  It was a two way street of happiness between the residents and Pierre jr.  He and they had a blast.  I encouraged Pierre to put two paws up on Mom's bed so he could be close to her.  She hasn't spoken to me in months, but today I got a hello out of her.  I guess Pierre is going to have to visit more often, at least for the Spring weather.  The nurse who wanted to see him, and I thought would be there, had the day off, it turns out, but the nurse on duty took a picture of Jr. and emailed it to Sherri with the subject line being "someone came to see you..."
Healing drool to all in need,
Jackie and the herd