[Dailydrool] It was a decision.....

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sun Apr 14 16:38:23 PDT 2013

Momma here on a beautiful Sunday, one that had me doing some planting and too much work shall we say, As Brudder Elwood would say--liddel storie.
Last week I spotted a new recipe for snicker doodle cake. It caught my eye and I thought I would make it this afternoon, I had some nice berries that I thought it would go well with. I mixed up the cake, poured it in the pan, moved the pan to the back of the counter and turned around to wash up the dishes. The oven binged, I turned around and what do my shocked old eyes see but Brudder Jake with the extendo neck in full stretch and his tongue in the pan sucking down the batter. I grabbed him by the collar off the counter, he had batter on his whiskers, specks on his head, spots on the counter of batter--and a smile on his snooter-what a mess-my first thought was I must be going deaf--how did he get by me, jump up there and I didn't hear him?? Then I remembered the powers of a basset nose-and Jake misses nothing. Cinnamon in the batter, he had to of smelled it.
I surveyed the damage here-no drool strings, no obvious dog hair floating about, no company coming that will share the cake.
Decision made. In the oven the cake went. After all this would not be the first food share with a hound around here.

How was the cake?? I think I overcooked it a bit, but it was hard to judge the cook time with a bunch of the batter missing.
Brudder Jake said cooking was a waste of time, the batter was wonderful..

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake