[Dailydrool] Two Old Queens Woofle(sort of)

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Tue Apr 16 12:57:14 PDT 2013

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who sent e-mails, e-cards, or phoned condolences when Queen Xandy Bear went to the Bridge in February. I still have a hard time reading them and am still in shock that she left so suddenly.  Apparently there was a BIG party being planned at the castle and she had to go. I had been anticipating planning a Woofle for Michigan Basset Rescue with Pawtunia's  slave and then life went sideways for both of us.  I had already picked out several Woofleable items and had already arranged for a frock to be made for QXB for this year's Waddle. However, had I known what was going to happen and who might have to wear the frock I might have gone another way...LOL. If you get to the Waddle and see who ends up in the dress you'll get it. I thought hard about what I should do but in the end QXB would be very disappointed in me and the remaining members of her pack if we weenied and did not Woofle.  Regardless that she has moved on to a presumably far more fabulous castle than her previous home in Airmont, NY, there are still homeless hounds that need help.  QXB would never have accepted any excuse I may have come up with that would have meant not Woofling this year.  So, Duke Elvis' slave is working her fingers to the bone setting up the website and adding the pictures and descriptions and nitpicking my descriptions. By the way, did you order Elvis', "Have You Been Bassetized" shirts yet?  You only have a couple more days.  We will get the Woofle going as soon as possible and will provide all of the details as quickly as we can.  Huggie Bear insists that her sister is tormenting her from the Bridge in her dreams but I'll let her tell her tale. So this years' Woofle will be called, at least by Huggie Bear, wee Gracie Allen and Clyde Kadiddlehopper, "How in the world did I get stuck doing the Two Old Queen's Woofle and where on earth is that darned Old Queen Pawtunia?"  I agree it's a bit long but Huggie Bear does love to talk.  We hope that all of you will pawticipate in our Woofle and join us in celebrating Queen Xandy Bear's life by raising moolah for the homeless hounds of Michigan Basset Rescue.

***Note address and fax number as of 5/20/2011***
1639 Route 10 East
Suite 200
Parsippany, NJ 07054

Phone: 973-656-6121