[Dailydrool] Bloat

wendt greenberg labagel2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 12:03:00 PDT 2013

Noodle aka Becky had the bloat two days ago.  Dr Hatchett saved her life, but waiting was a very
frightening  experience.  I had two basslets before, but had never seen it.  The stomach swells
Up like a ballon and eventually twists.  In surgery the vet tacks the stomach to the body wall so
It cannot happen again.  Walking the dog can help relieve some of the gas, but really it is an
Emergency situation and you have to get the dog to the vet as soon as possible.  As I said before
It is really scary.  The dog barks in distress and exhibits bizarre behavior.  I never want to see it
again.  I am also glad we have pet insurance.  Trupanion processed an emergency claim in only
One hour.