[Dailydrool] First Aid Tip

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 13:00:02 PDT 2013

Bloat:
Have your Veterinarian show you on your dog where you may insert a needle
to release the gas in a bloating dog without hittinga major organ. (For
instance-- the spleen is on the dog's left side so you want to work on the
right. At least...I think...)
And in your 1st aid kit carry two or three sterile needles (and syringes as
well)

I just thought of this. Having spent some time working on bloating dogs
(not mine) it seems like a good idea to know what to do until you can find
a Vet if you are in the middle of nowhere and it happens.
Better safe than spending a couple of years thinking "If I had only
known..."

(For awhile my own first aid kit was a thing of wonder.)

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc